Thursday, June 30, 2011

So I didn't get to writing

Yesterday I never managed to get to work on Realizations.  After promoting my friend's book (Echo Ryan-A Tale of Butts: The Story of a Couch), I ended up sucked up into the world of household tasks.  I did make arrangements to meet with my critique partner, John.  We spent a solid hour on the phone yesterday discussing the publishing world.  He is writing his very first novel.

I find I write more when I'm not at home.  For some reason my best first drafts and editing are done in a coffee house, and not on a lap top. I write all my first drafts by hand. I feel the pen and paper add to the experience. I've tried writing straight to a computer before, and the words don't flow as easy.

Tomorrow I am making a date with myself to go to a coffee house. I wish my small town had more than one, but at least we have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment