Monday, September 24, 2012

Update on Rex, black lab puppy shot by tribal police

Rex went in to have his teeth worked on because they were in danger of being infected from the gun shot wound to his jaw. The good news is he only had to lose 5 teeth.  He is back in his safe foster home recovering.

The treating vet has cleared me to share photos of the tongue injury.  It is graphic, but is also proof that this dog was not found 4-5 days after being shot. He was found probably within an hour of being shot at.  I now have a witness that stated the dog arrived back at the school before the Tribal Police dispatcher who did the shooting made it back down the hill.

Today Karin Glinden shared the letters the students of the elementary school wrote with the Tribal Council. I'm not sure what their response was.

We are hoping the Tribal Council will step up and pay Rex's medical bills. Currently they are being paid by donations from individuals, with the rest being put on Karin's vet tap.

Tomorrow The Two Rivers paper releases their article. It should be well researched, and I do hope all the other individuals who were upset by Rex are mentioned. Many other people at are site want to stand up for him, but every article I read only mentions Karin and me.

I also want to thank the Humboldt Sentinel for picking up the story and passing it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment