Sunday, July 28, 2013

Took a break from writing to cruise Alaska!

After three weeks of writing the first 40 pages of the next Conrad book, I found myself on a cruise to Alaska. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the journey, especially Juneau and Tracy Arm.  The weather was an unbelievable 85F. Not at all what I imagined the weather in Alaska to be like. The locals were surprised by the unusual heat wave.
Juneau, Alaska - Mendenhall Glacier

My favorite place on my ship, Golden Princess, was Skywalkers Lounge. A glass walled tunnel leads the way to this lounge of star lights and space paintings encased in round bubble glass.
Skywalkers Lounge entrance

The journey through the inside passage I found worth the break from my writing. Tomorrow I shall begin again with the Conrads in earnest.
Skywalkers Lounge




No comments:

Post a Comment