Friday, October 18, 2013

More on Trading

After a month of researching information on complaints and exploring the websites of TradeKing, OptionsXpress, and Scottrade, I ended up settling for Scottrade and have execute my first trade orders as of this evening.

I did find it a very slow, and sometimes frustrating process, to sign up with Scottrade. The first issue was their website isn't too fond of Mozilla Firefox, so I had to drop into Internet Explore to finish the signing up on my account. I had to call the 800 number to figure out this is what the issue was. The good news was, I got a human right away, and one that spoke English, and was intelligent enough to figure out what was wrong in less than 5 minutes.

My second glitch with Scottrade was needing proof of my physical address. When you live in the sticks (being among the trees of the forest)  like I do, you don't receive mail to your house.  Like everyone else in my small town, we all have PO Boxes for mail. Well, due to the Patriot Act you must prove your physical address. That took a bit of time and scanning, especially when someone at Scottrade neglected to tell me the proof need to be less than three months old.

All said and done, I'm on Scottrade now. The real plus is every time I've had to call, I get someone really nice on the phone who is skilled at resolving frustration or calming ruffled feathers. At this point, my experience has been they have great customer service and you don't have to sit through a computerized system to reach a human being, even when it is after 8 p.m. at night.

Now, perhaps, I can settle back into some novel writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment