Friday, December 18, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens--limited spoilers...nothing to ruin the movie for you

Despite the heavy rains, I made it to the Force Awakens and back.  I am glad I bought my ticket earlier, as all evening shows ended up sold out. Luckily for me, I didn't have to wait outside since I arrived only 30 minutes early.  My seat was fairly decent, and when one is going solo, it is easy to squeeze in to the middle of a row.


The movie fell on par with Episode 6 (Return of the Jedi) for me. It was certainly better than 1-3, though it had the darker feeling of Episode 3 in places.  It would be hard to beat A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, which I saw as a kid and are emblazoned in my heart forever.  That years I turned seven I saw a New Hope at least 12 times in the theatre, because after all, nobody really had a vcr back then, and if you did, there were only about 10 movies you could buy.

Most of what I could say about the movie would give it away, so I won't say much except don't expect to see a lot of Luke. Han has a large role. Part of me wants to cry, but that is because I am an original fan from 1977 and losing a hero is hard.

Anyway, I shall say no more so I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment