Thursday, June 28, 2018

Life and Writing update

The late spring and early summer brought a tide of busyness to my life, which led me to neglect this poor blog. Though I am still caught up in all I am doing, I figured I really should make time to write here, since it has been more than a month. My goal of blogging twice a month has been overtaken by a couple of other goals.

Currently I am retraining to enter a new professional industry. While I am passionate about my writing, enjoy writing, and am thrilled to boast I have six books in print (Unicorn's Milk, Stubby, the Magic Pencil, Callings: Tales of the Conrads of Karna, The Conrad Chornicles: Revolt and Realizations, and A Tale of Butts: The Story of a Couch), as well as a seventh book to be released this autumn, I discovered an opportunity that I should explore. Thus, these past two months, I have been taking on-line classes and training in securities. AXA Corporation is sponsoring and guiding me through this process.

At this point I have passed the test to be registered in health and life insurance with the state of Oregon, and have passed my Series 63 securities test. These days I am studying for the Series 7 test, which I shall be taking in July. This is a big test as it boasts 260 questions taken over 6 hours! You can see why my blogging has been put a bit on hold.

I am still writing, just not as much as before I started taking classes. Lately I have been reworking a draft of the fifth Conrad book. The dialogue is strong in the fifth book, but descriptions really need flushing out and detailing.

Enough blogging for now. Enjoy your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment