Monday, August 8, 2011

Wedding plans!

I'm feeling the urge to write about more than my novels.  After all, my life is more than my books and writing. One things currently on my mind is my wedding. I'm in the process of planning it.

The wonderful part is the church and priest are all settled.  My fiancee and I have picked out a venue. We are going to solidify it this week.  We have narrowed down the wedding invitations to four designs.

I have purchased a dress (for a stellar price that was too good to pass up), but it isn't my dream dress. My dream dress does not seem to exist. I was looking for something with a high back, lace up, long sleeves that are tight fighting and flare out.  I wanted a bodice top with beads and "jewels" that flared out around the hips.  I came close. I just couldn't find any gowns with high backs and long sleeves.

On the market I found only two types of long sleeve dresses: those with high collars to the throat and those with high fronts, but no backs.  I searched hard. I looked at over 10,000 dresses on-line and tried on more than 40. This has been a real quest.

I am going to try to work with the dress I have. I'm going to see if I can at least get capped sleeves added (it does have spaghetti straps).  I also need to be able to bustle up the train. Right now all it has is the string for holding it around my finger.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment