Sunday, November 11, 2012

Movie Viewing: Cloud Atlas

Tonight I saw the movie "Cloud Atlas."  I really can't say if I liked or disliked this movie. The film fell into a strange category. During the nearly three hours of film, I felt like I was watching a hybrid of "Solyent Green," "Tron," and "Brave Heart."  I often wished I had a remote so I could pause the footage to process what I had just seen, or catch a detail that I was certain was important to connect the various stories.

The actors played their multiple parts well, and not until I viewed the credits did I recognize some of the actors in the other rolls they played in the film. I certainly didn't recognize Hugh Grant as one of the cannibals.

This movie was a thinker, not in depth so much, but in trying to connect all the puzzle pieces. I do hope though, I don't end up with nightmares.  This is absolutely not a film to take children too.

No comments:

Post a Comment