Thursday, March 16, 2017

More Foreign Coins: France and Germany

Here is another batch of coins I added to my collection as a result of the foreign stamp exchange. The coins I am sharing today are from France and Germany. I find this first one really interesting as it has a hole in the center of it. I know this was done so that people could wear their coins on strings around their necks for safety.
1918 French Coin

1918 French Coin
These three French coins (including the one featured above) are from around the time of WWI. I have to wonder if they were ever in a soldier's pocket.




French Coins
French Coins


Now these German coins are a bit older. They are from 1950. You can see the different denominations for that year here.



German coins from 1950
German Coins from 1950


No comments:

Post a Comment