Thursday, August 23, 2018

Backyard Archaeology: A Never Ending Saga

After three years I figured I would have unearthed all that could be found in my yard. After all, the whole property is only .3 of an acre. There's room for items to be hidden and buried, but at this point I started wondering if my home had been built on a garbage dump. Thankfully, it wasn't. The land was actually an orchard before the house was placed on it.

Meanwhile, I am still uncovering new items. Here are some of the newest treasures.

The second lot to be found this spring and in early summer included a spoon, golf club head, vial, tube and a piece of what I learned was a smoking pipe.


Then in mid-summer I found a squirt gun, piece of china, domino, golf bag plastic toy, head to the top of razor, and some yellow thing I think is for tying something down.

What else can possibly be out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment